1) And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, "Come and see"
2) And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering and to conquer.
3) And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, "Come and see"
4) And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
5) And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, "Come and see". And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6) And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, "A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and wine"
7) And when he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, "Come and see.
8) And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
9) And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held.
10) And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11) And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
12) And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13) And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14) And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15) And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.
16) And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17) For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
6:1 Jesus, the lamb of God, is opening the seals, these are the birth pangs of Matthew 24, the same theme as the churches, these judgments are meant to get mankind's attention throughout the ages, driving them back to God, culminating in a final series of judjments after the rapture, see matthew 24, none would survive save the elect.
6:2 since Jesus opens the seals, he cannot be the rider of the horse. the horses all represent "forces" the first being the spirit of Anti-Christ. Mt 24:4-5, 1 Jn 2:18, culminating in the end times with the actual Anti-Christ, one man who will bring peace to the earth through diplomacy not war. The force of the world trying peace by all other means will permeate throughout history. the Bow is a symbol of war, but the absence of arrows indicates conquering without bloodshed, the crown symbolizes that he will be crowned the ruler in the end.
6:3 Loud commanding voice capturing the attention of all. 6:4 the force of war and bloodshed Mt 24:6-7, Dan 8:24, this force will exist side by side with the quest for peace, culminating with what we will consider WW 3, the innevitable result of the final peace that won't last.
6:5 Famine- Scales, careful measurement, scarcity of food, the food supply has been plummiting forever which results in chemicals and fillers to stretch the food supply.
6:6 a Denarius, is a day's wage. one day's labor will feed one person. Hyper inflation and scarcity of food will cause even the basic of staples to be carefully protected.
6:7 Again, loud commanding voice announcing a big event.
6:8 Pale, Gk:"Clorophyll", a corpse, widespread death. Sword, war. Mt 24:7 animals will become uncontained to kill as well.
6:9 Martyrs-All who died from living for God's word will be wondering how much longer the 4 horsemen will trample the earth untill their blood is avenged through God's wrath.
6:10 their thoughts and prayers will be growing over time and will be responded to by God.
6:11 A pre determined number of souls must be martyred first.
6:12- Not an earthquake as we know them, but a cosmic, celestual event, the likes of which causes an earthquake, the sun to go dark, and a moon that will appear as blood red.
6:13 God directly intervenes for the first time by shaking the heavens after the first 5 seals culminate as mans final act.
6:14 Our atmosphere will be dramatically effected and the sky as we know it will disappear. Acts 2:19, Mt 24::27, Ex 19:4.
6:15 All will know at this point that God is in control and try to hide from him.
6:16 Death would be more attractive than facing God.
6:17 literally a specific day on the calander, not a longer period of time. Who can stand? Chapter 7 will begin by answering that question.