1) And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2) And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3) And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4) And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
5) And one of the elders saith unto me, weep not: behold, the lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
6) And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
7) And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
8) And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and the four and twenty elders fell down before the lamb, having everyone of them harps, and golden vials full of odors, which are the prayers of saints.
9) And they sung a new song, saying, thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10) And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on earth.
11) And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
12) Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.
13) And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the lamb for ever and ever.
14) And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshiped him that liveth for ever and ever.
5:1 Seals prevent tampering, This is the deed and title to the earth. The seals are not representative of God's wrath and judgments, the 5th seal wonders, "how long till vengeance?" so the seals cannot be wrath or judgments.
5:2 Men in heaven, absent from body is presence with the Lord, none are worthy.
5:3 All wonder who can redeem earth and stop suffering.
5:4 Abject sadness because no one will save humanity.
5:5 Roots breed things, Judah would breed the Messiah, David would breed Messiah.
5:6 Jesus is the perfect lamb of God who sacrificed himself for all mankind.
7 eyes-All seeing 7 horns-All powerful 7=God's number of complete perfection.
5:7 only God's son can touch the scroll.
5:8 Jesus has proven himself worthy of receiving the deed and title to the earth. Prayers of the saints-All of the prayers of the redeemed that have ever been prayed concerning the ultimate and final redemption of mankind. Only God deserves worship, proving that Jesus is God incarnate.
5:9 Who is singing? 28 beings in heaven, elders and beasts, beasts will not reign on earth. Psalm 126, Psalm 22, songs are being taught to us, the redeemed, the songs are about Jesus, not us.
5:10- 1 Peter 2:5, 9-10, we are the chosen, not the unbelieving jews. Exodus 19:56, "If", Deud 7:6, 14:2, Galations, old covenant was broken, new testament believers took up.
5:11 10,000 x 10,000 and 1,000's of 1,000's- 100 million, remember 1/3 followed Lucifer.
5:12 John "saw" not figurative language.
5:13 Phil 2:10 everyone means everyone.
5:14 God is timeless.