1) And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2)But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3) And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4) These are the two olive trees, and the two candlestick standing before the God of the earth.
5) And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6) These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7) And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8) And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9) And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and a half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10) And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11) And after three days and a half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12) And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13) And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14) The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15) and the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, THE KINGDOMS OF THIS WORLD ARE BECOME THE KINGDOMS OF OUR LORD, AND OF HIS CHRIST; AND HE SHALL REIGN FOR EVER AND EVER.
16) And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshiped God.
17) Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18) And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great: and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
19) And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
11:1- Measuring the temple signifies God's ownership of it. A rebuilt temple will exist during the Tribulation.
11:2- Not measuring the outer court signifies God's rejection of non-believers that have persecuted and oppressed his people. Tread...Holy city...42 months- Future devastating force of Antichrist upon Israel.
11:3-11:12) The 2 witnesses- For 3 1/2 years, these witnesses are commissioned and protected by God to prophesy and evangelize God's will and plan to an unwilling unrepentant earth.
11:3- 1260 days- Believed to be the first half of the final 7 years of the end of the age. Sackcloth represents mourning, humility and penitence.
11:4- Lampstands- The use of this term suggests that the two witnesses are two churches(Rev. 1:20) Possibly the 2 faithful churches that received no condemnation from Christ. God of the earth- Antichrist.
11:5- Refers to either literal fire or a euphemism for condemnation that brings spiritual death.
11:6- The power to stop it from raining and to call down plagues suggest the more popular theory that these two are the physical manifestation of Moses and Elijah.
11:7- The Antichrist will overpower the two witnesses killing them(or at least a substantial amount of the members of the churches world wide through his influence and power.)
11:8-9- The 2 of them (or several, depending on your view) will lie dead in the streets of Jerusalem which will refuse to bury them which shows contempt for the dead who in their view tormented them.
11:10- Holiday merriment will ensue over the deaths of those who tormented the earth.
11:11-12- Another point that has been suggested as the Rapture of the two witnesses(churches) as the dead are raised first followed by the bodily removal of the living.
11:13- They will all know that God is responsible, not all will be saved.
1) And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2) And she being with child cried, travailing in birth and pained to be delivered.
3) And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4) And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5) And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6) And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
7) And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8) And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10) And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12) Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them, Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil if come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13) And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14) And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15) And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16) And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17) And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of god, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
1) The woman is Israel, The crown of twelve stars is a representation of the twelve tribes. An alternate view is that the woman is Eve, the mother of all living.
3) The Dragon represents Satan. 7 heads are the 7 earthly kingdoms throughout time.
4) A third of the stars of heaven represent the original rebellion of Lucifer which resulted in a third of the angels in heaven rebelling with him. To devour her child- Satan always tried, throughout time, to prevent the birth of the Messiah.
5) Jesus Christ, The Messiah.
6) 3 1/2 years. The last 3 1/2 years of Daniel' final "week"
7-9) Satan, who has always had access to heaven, is once and for all cast down to the earth.
13) Israel will face her greatest persecution ever in history in this period.
14) although persecuted, they will also be watched over.
15) the armies of the world ruler, Anti-Christ.
16) the initial attack on Israel will fail.
17) The Remnant- Children of the 12 tribes that live in all of the world that believe Jesus is the Messiah.
1) And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2) And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3) And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4) And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6) And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7) And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9) If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10) He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
11) And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12) And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.
14) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15) And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16) And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18) Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six.
1)Beast-A monster representing the elements of paganism. A culmination of all Anti-Christ personalities in history. This final Anti-Christ will be the most charismatic world leader in history. Seven heads-Seven previous secular world empires that ruled in past history. Ten Horns...Ten Crowns...-Ten current kingdoms that will rule together controlled by Anti-Christ. Blasphemy-Pagan leaders mock and do not honor the one true God.
2) Leopard...Bear... Lion...-The characterizations of the final world empire will be the same as Greece, Medo-Persia, and Babylon. Dragon-Like all other pagan rulers, they get their power from Satan.
3) Either an assassination that brings a resurrection of the Anti-Christ, which causes the world to follow him without question. Or a world power that was gone but has been revived to rule again.
5) His Rule will be for 3 1/2 years, the first half of Daniels final "week".
7) Believers will be mercilessly persecuted and martyred for their faith.
8) Only followers of Christ will be immune to his rule.
9) Non believers will not understand this prophecy, and will think it nonsense.
10) Believers will be unable to deny Christ and they will be martyred and unable to follow Anti-Christ.
11) The False prophet, the culmination of all false prophets in history.
12) this religious leader will make the world follow, unconditionally, the Anti-Christ.
13-14) False miracles will convince all that he should be worshiped.
15) Follow or die.
16) Identifying you with the World System of faith and government.
17) Finally united under one system, nobody will escape government rule, or they will be unable to support themselves or their family.
18) 6 is the incomplete number of man, one less than 7 which is God's number of perfection. 666-is the 3-fold repetition of that number, underscoring man's complete imperfection in their attempts to elevate themselves above God.
Back to Revelation page