1) And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him a hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2) And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3) And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4) These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5) And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6) And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7) Saying with a loud voice, Fear god, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come; and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8) And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9) And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10) The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11) And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever an ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13) And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; and their works do follow them.
14) And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15) And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16) And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
17) And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18) And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19) And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20) And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
14:1) Lamb- Jesus. cMt. Zion- Jerusalem, this is obviously a future preview since Jesus hasn't returned yet in his second advent. 144,000-Evangelists from verse 7:4 will evangelize to those left behind. Name on forehead-Counter part to the mark of the beast. summary of (7:1-8)
14:2) Rejoicing for the witnesses and God's mercy on those about to be left behind.
14:3) There is a specific that represents a specific task that only the 144,000 can accomplish
14:4) These chosen have not only resisted the Anti-Christ, but have also kept pure and avoided illicit sexual practices and desires.
14:5) No deceit- God's truth is not only spoken by them, there is also no exaggeration or understatement
14:6) Gospel- Good news of God's plan of salvation for mankind, and entrance to heaven.
14:7) Fear God and not Anti-Christ. Hour of Judgment- This is the last chance to repent and follow God or remain lost.
14:8) The reason for this final pending judgment is earth's vulgar paganism and finally it has fallen and will be destroyed soon. Babylon- the entire world wide political, economical, religious, secular empire. Fornication- Spiritual adultery against God with the world system.
14:9-10) If you choose the world's pleasures over God's grace and love, divine judgment is swift and severe. Hell.
14:11 Continued warning will make clear, don't ignore like you have for over 6000 years.
14:12) Patience of the saints- The saints are on the earth. This is scriptural proof that all believers are referred to as saints, not just a special few souls chosen by a particular denomination.
14:13) A blessing upon those who die and choose the Lord over Anti-Christ from this point on forward through the Great Tribulation, perhaps because Raptured Christians will not be around to guide them, so discovering the truth on their own requires a special blessing.
14:14) The Image of the Lord coming on a cloud before his second advent is similar to other verses that suggest the Rapture of the church is at this point. (summary of 7:9-17)
14:15) Harvest is ripe- Time to remove God's people. To reap: to gather the harvest, which is/are the good crops. i.e. Rapture true believers
14:16) Reaped- You reap what you sew. God's word has been sewn in the world for thousands of years, it is now time to reap the harvest, which is the good grain.
14:17) the angel who will pronounce God's final judgment,
14:18) The angel who represents prayers of the martyrs who directs first angel to start commencing the wrath of God.
14:19) The earth is about to be judged.
14:20) Since the battle of Armageddon has not yet taken place, this cannot refer to an enemy slaughter. The blood might represent the blood of the saints and prophets throughout mankind's existence that eventually will overpower the evil one. Despite his physical victories, this might represent a spiritual victory of God. Outside city: non believers and gentiles, Jerusalem will be spared.