1) And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2) And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3) And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4) And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6) And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7) And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9) If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10) He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
11) And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12) And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.
14) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15) And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16) And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18) Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six.
13:1)Beast-A monster, summoned to conquer the world, the sea represents the sea of humanity, and he will rise above all representing the elements of paganism. A culmination of all Anti-Christ personalities in history. This final Anti-Christ will be the most charismatic world leader in history. Seven heads-Seven previous secular world empires that ruled in past history(Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, and the final End times kingdom). Ten Horns...Ten Crowns...(Dan 7:16-24, 2:41-42) 10 toes, 10 is man's totality of power-Ten current kingdoms that will rule together controlled by Anti-Christ. Blasphemy-Pagan leaders mock and do not honor the one true God.
13:2) This beast is a potpourri of all previous world kingdoms combined and will be ruled by Satan, the dragon. Leopard, Dan 7:6, Greece. Bear, Dan 7:5, Medo-Persia, Lion, Dan 7:4, Babylon.
13:3) Either an assassination that brings a resurrection of the Anti-Christ, which causes the world to follow him without question. Or a world power that was gone but has been revived to rule again. Translation favors the 1st scenario, He will be killed and rise again in a display of divine power which will cause the world to follow him. Christians will believe him to be Jesus, Arabs will believe him to be the 12th Imam, Jews will believe him to be their Messiah.
13:4) They will be worshiping Satan, unknowingly, thinking they are worshiping God.
13:5) This ruler already would have been in control, in some capacity, earning his reputation, but now after proving himself divine, with Satan in control, he will be invincible.
13:6) All of heaven will be blasphemed by this impostor and he will cement his dominion on the world.
13:7) Believers will be mercilessly persecuted and martyred for their faith.
13:8) Only followers of Christ will be immune to his rule.
13:9) Non believers will not understand this prophecy, and will think it nonsense. Those who claim to be believers but follow this deceiver are obviously not soundly saved. Acts 2:23, 4:27-28
13:10) Believers will be unable to deny Christ and they will be martyred and unable to follow Anti-Christ. Mt 26:51-54, 2 cor 10:4, 1 Pe 2:19-24
13:11) The False prophet, the culmination of all false prophets in history. The ruler of the final world religion which worships the Anti-Christ. Lamb.. 2 horns.. Less powerful than Anti-Christ, more meek and humble. Spoke like a dragon- Satan's mouthpiece. 2 cor 11:14
13:12) this religious leader will make the world follow, unconditionally, the Anti-Christ.
13:13) False miracles will convince all that he should be worshiped.
13:14 Image set up in Jerusalem and perhaps replicas worldwide
13:15) Follow or die. Holograms? Animitronics? modern technology none the less.
13:16) Like branding cattle, a weary world will willingly accept, Identifying you with the World System of faith and government.
13:17) Finally united under one system, nobody will escape government rule, or they will be unable to support themselves or their family. Thus eliminating true believers and marks them for death and persecution.
13:18) 6 is the incomplete number of man, one less than 7 which is God's number of perfection. 666-is the 3-fold repetition of that number, underscoring man's complete imperfection in their attempts to elevate themselves above God. Not an actual "666" tatood on hand, God does not use hollywood hype.